Join us online at the 2021 Global SAFe Summit Sept. 27 – Oct. 1
In a few months, over 3,000 attendees will be gathering online for the 2021 Global SAFe Summit. With a theme of “The Path Forward: People, Purpose, Principles,” the event will run for two days (Sept. 27 – Oct. 1) across three time zones.
I hope you’ll join us for what has become an important, annual milestone in our collective knowledge sharing journey. Here’s what you can expect from this year’s online experience:
- Nearly 40 SAFe experts covering topics around SAFe in the Real World and Leading Your Business Agility Strategy
- Five keynotes (more on that in a later communication)
- Sessions on Lean Portfolio Management, Value Stream identification, multiple SAFe portfolios, ART success, epic ownership, technical agility, measure and grow, and more
- Tips and techniques for how to apply SAFe in finance and accounting, convert waterfall to SAFe, and remove barriers for enterprise solution delivery
- One-on-one meetings with the SAFe experts at the virtual coaching station
- Women in Agile will gather in an energizing event designed to connect and interact with important voices in the community
- Live chat with presenters so you will have an opportunity to interact directly with key thought leaders and industry influencers
- Live Lean Coffees and After Parties
You can also look forward to customer stories from some of the world’s leading enterprises. You’ll hear firsthand accounts of what it really takes to achieve business agility and get the entire organization aligned on solutions that best meet the needs of the customer. Joining us this year are:
- CVS Health
- Deutsche Telekom
- Globo Brasil
- Kaiser Permanente
- USAF/Northrop Grumman
- ZKH Industrial Supply
The Summit will be online in three time zones. Browse the full agenda for each time zone, and find registration info here.
If the Framework has taught us anything, it’s the power of knowledge sharing. That’s the real value of this event—it provides a place where you can develop your skills with leading SAFe experts and connect with your peers who have walked in your shoes and understand your challenges. When you are able to tap into the collective experience of this group under one roof (albeit virtual), you can understand why this can be such a transformative experience for those participating.
Stay SAFe, and hope to connect with you at the Summit,
Parvez Saud Pundir
How SAFe can be implemented in typical bureaucratic government organization’s which follows waterfall
model and are more process oriented. What are the pitfalls and challenges of implementing SAFe in these kind of organizations?
Hi Parvez! Fortunately, we have many examples of SAFe being successfully adopted in government agencies. While the entire agency may remain largely bureaucratic, in order for SAFe (or Agile in general) to work effectively, the part of the agency using the framework for developing technology solutions must transform to a more generative culture and process. It is not easy or fast, but it is absolutely possible, and we have some great success stories as evidence!
Asif Iqbal Paracha
How can we Implement Emotional Intelligence at Enterprise Level in SAFe.
Thanks for the question. We address emotional intelligence as part of Lean-Agile Leadership. To lead by example, leaders have to exhibit emotional intelligence and authenticity, life-long learning, and other behaviors. Helping leaders change their behavior is an important part of any transformation and one of the jobs of the SAFe SPCs. We also have a Leadership Development Program that we will be rolling out.
How do you manage financial planning and analysis in SAFe Agile environment? How do you control and measure costs? How do you manage uncertainties in an environment that has a rigid budgetary
approval process? Thanks
Many thanks for your question. This original white paper may be of interest to you which is on our Advanced Topics page and discusses the topics you mention:
Many thanks, Andy